Sunday, June 27, 2010

I almost forgot this new part of my routine - it will take a while to become habit. So, here's the kids today:

Claire - I asked her why her litebrite was out, since she hadn't played with it. She said "Remember yesterday when you gave me a 5 minute time out for going outside naked? Well, I was afraid you would forget about me and I remembered the light on my litebrite stays on for five minutes. I got the litebrite out, pushed the button, and came outside when the light went off."

Joshua - has problems remembering directions, so Jared has started having Joshua repeat them back. Today, Joshua told us this makes him feel bad every time, and to PLEASE quit making him repeat directions. Joshua also said "Daddy, it makes it harder to remember when you say 'You need to put your pajamas on.' Please, just say 'Put your pajamas on' and then I can remember better." Funnily enough, that was our instructions from the therapists: simplify directions, use the least amount of words. We forgot. Joshua didn't. Actually, I doubt Joshy ever heard the therapists tell us that, but he managed to figure it out on his own. Ironically, I received the same advice from a man standing behind me in line at BJ's. After I told my kids "Get your fingers out of the fan or I'll blah blah blah..." the old man told me I was undermining my own authority by saying "Or I'll..." He said to just give the instruction and leave it (Joshua didn't hear this either) Odd, I must have needed this parenting advise if it came from two seperate beings simultaniously, especially when one was a stranger and one was my small child.

James - "When it's my turn to bring snacks to nursery, I need you to help me make cookies. Then my nursery teachers will be very very happy and say 'Good cookies, Jamesy!' They love me."

No comments:

Post a Comment