Today is my birthday, so the dinner game was Jared's suggestion, and it was "Everyone say something you like about mommy." The phrase "stupor of thought" came to mind as the children tried to come up with something. Afterwards, Jared said he was sorry, that he had no idea that one would backfire so badly. Ha! Happy birthday to me - starting off my 30's with a bang!
Jamesy, sweet child, finally said that he likes mommy's kisses. Claire likes girls only outings with mommy, and Joshy liked the taco I made him for dinner. Jared likes the idea of my attempt to feed us healthy meals, although he's not a fan of the result. Yea me!
Although, in fairness, I did have a nice day. Jared got up early, went to the store, and brought me back nice pastries and flowers. The kids said that for my birthday they wanted to help me, then balked at what I asked them to do (What can I say, they're little! or so goes my excuse - will it fly when they're 18???)
I always enjoy the funny things your cute kids say:)
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday! Made me laugh, at least. :-)
ReplyDelete