Thursday, July 9, 2009

One spoiled baby

I think of James as a baby.  I shouldn't - he's two and a half.  However, he's my baby, and I treat him like it.  This morning, I came downstairs to find graham crackers smashed everywhere - on the couch, the chairs, the floor, under and behind the couch.  There's only one little person capable of such messy eating (well, Joshua might be as well, but he's old enough to be afraid of me!)  When I confronted James, he said "Wah-wa (Joshua) did it.  I don't need a time out.  Put Wah-wa on time out."  Joshua and Claire both confirmed that James did in fact make the mess.  James denied it all the way to time out: he kept repeating "Wah-wa did it.  Wah-wa did it!"  James yelled through timeout.  When I went to get him out, he finally confessed "I did it.  I wowwy (sorry)."

Last night the missionaries came over.  Today, out of curiousity, I asked James if he said something naughty to the missionaries yesterday.  He smiled sheepishly and said "I say Goodnight, Weenie to Elder Wong (Strong)."  I was shocked that he knew what I was referring to, and was still proud of it the next day.  He is definately not a baby, and his pampered days are OVER!

Claire's favorite movie is Barbie and the Diamond Castle, and the two main characters say "Best friends today, tomorrow and always."  She has decided that this is our mantra, and she comes to me about five times a day so that we can say it together.  It is very sweet and flattering.  Today after lunch she left her plate on the table, so I called her back to put it in the dishwasher.  She stuck out her hip, gave me an annoyed look and said "Mommy, you are my best friend, and best friends help each other out!"  I pointed out that I did help her out; after all, how did the food get on the table?  She sighed, and took care of her plate.

Joshua is a couch potato.  He watched TV ALL DAY.  I justififed it by his runny nose and slight cough.  That deserves a day of Disney Channel, right?

Laurellee, if you read this, could you send me your email?  I don't seem to have it anymore.  Thanks!  candice.kulbeth@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. Too funny. I love that Jamesy remembered what he said and Claire's logic in trying to manipilate you. Way to hold them accountable! :) Keep posting. These are hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kids crack me up!

    Mauricio is our baby, and he is only 1, but I'm sure I'll be treating him like the baby for way too long. They just stay the baby until someone else comes along, which means the last kid is the baby forever. It was that way with my youngest brother and it drove me crazy. I'm hoping to do better, but not succeeding. Yet! :-)

    ReplyDelete