My phone rang nonstop for days - I don't care for the phone anyway, and was on the verge of going insane. I always scoffed at slightly rude listings (PRICE IS FIRM, NO DEALERS PLEASE, DO NOT CONTACT AFTER 9:00 PM - did people want to sell their car or what?) Next time, I am going to be a little ruder with my listing, and weed out all the morons who call at 10:30 pm or 7:00 am to ask about leather.
I listed the car cheap, far below even the trade-in value, and everyone was suddenly a negotiator. Would I take $1700 for it? How about $1750? Can I bring them the car to look at? And immediately please?
Of course, the car chose not to help me sell itself. In the middle of showing it, the check engine light came on. I couldn't explain it, and two or three perspective buyers were immediately scared away. The next day, I went to have the code read, and the light shut itself off. Thanks a lot, Big Green Machine (as we not-so-affectionately called the car!)
When a mechanic came to look at it, with the full $2200 in cash, it was a match made in heaven. I am so thankful to be done with that car!!!!
Yeah!!!Congradulations, YOU ARE FREE!
ReplyDeleteI must say I am sad to see the ol' beauty go! The aroma she provided was one of a kind.She was a fun project to try and restore to driveable condition. Plus, the story of you came to get her is also lovely. But it was on my list for being the sole reason for keeping us from seeing each other this year. So I say good riddens!! I'm still not completely giving up. Maybe it's replacement will be so OUTSTANDING that you will just HAVE to take it on a roadtrip and meet us halfway across the country....pleeeaasse!!
ReplyDelete