Monday, September 14, 2009

School

Claire got kissed on the third day of school.  A little boy turned around in line and kissed her cheek.  She was matter-of-fact about it.  I am guessing this will be the first of many such incidences.

James cries every day when we take them to the bus.  He wants to go soooo badly.  Every day he asks me when he will get to go to school.  He is used to being one of the kids and feels very left out.

Joshua turns 7 on Wednesday.  I am in a fair amount of shock over this: he's my baby!!!!  As if the universe has played a cruel joke on me, he has chosen a Star Wars birthday party.  At least he has finally learned that I am NOT the person to ask Star Wars questions.

On the first day of school, public transportation lost my children.  I went to the school looking for them; in the meantime, a different bus dropped them off across the street from our house. Luckily, a kind neighbor took them in until I got home.  I had a few words with the bus supervisor as to why a bus driver would drop off two small children, alone, at a random non-bus-stop, and an hour and a half after school got out.  It was a stressful day, but thankfully the children are safe and the bus has been reliable since.

Quatro as I have named baby, is kicking and active.  Every time we discuss having a baby, James says "I'm the baby.  I'm right here."  He is having jealousy issues, as he is the self-proclaimed baby of the family (well, self-proclaimed and Mommy-proclaimed).  We only have a few months for him to get over it!  Joshua loves to cradle my tummy and talk to the baby.  I had no idea he would be so excited!  It is quite sweet.  I have had to give a biology lesson about the baby being in a comfortable balloon full of water, as Joshy was quite concerned about the baby's well being.  The children asked all sorts of questions such as "If you drink something hot, will it burn the baby?  Can he feel that your tummy is getting hotter inside?"  or "How does he breathe if he's in a balloon full of water?  Can he see light?  Hear?" and so forth.

Claire was quite disappointed to find out that baby is indeed another boy.  She said "I thought Jesus would send us a girl.  Why is he sending a boy?  Maybe he is tired of having so many naughty boys in heaven, and he's trying to send them all down to Earth."  Claire is frequently an abstract thinker.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad that you wrote that down about Claire! Too funny.

    ReplyDelete