Monday, March 14, 2011

I am becoming increasingly aware of Daniel growing up. He already likes to tease, and will rarely kiss me when I ask. He almost never kisses me on his own, which made me question yesterday.

I was holding him up near my shoulder. I can't tell if he got bobble-headed or excited or what happened, but he head butted me. It was pretty hard, so I grabbed my forehead and said "OW!" He got a shocked look on his face, then reached over and kissed me.

I decided this must be a coincidence, as a 13 month old couldn't possibly have empathy and kiss me better. Then it happened again today. He was standing next to me on the couch, accidently head butted me, then kissed me better when I said "OW!" I don't know if it really is empathy, or that he has learned that you get a kiss when you get hurt.

Regardless, I decided to test him. Later this afternoon I was holding him and I said "OW!" just to see what he would do. He didn't kiss me. He wouldn't even kiss me when I asked him for it. I am choosing to believe that Daniel is super-brilliant and super-sweet and is kissing me because he realizes that he hurt me.

No comments:

Post a Comment