Thursday, March 3, 2011


My new baby, or New-New as we call him, is growing up. In my head I think of him as a little tiny boy and treat him accordingly. However, he has different ideas and it's both exciting and sad to see him growing up!

He has had a runny nose and I am continually asking the other children to bring me a tissue for New. Two days ago I saw the need and asked James to bring me a tissue. Daniel looked at me and started yelling "NNNNNNNN" and shaking his head NO wildly! It was shocking and entertaining. I guess he understands what "tissue" means!

Today I took Joshua to the opthamologist, an appointment that ended up taking three hours. Needless to say, the kids got restless. Daniel started doing the Daniel special, an earslitting, glass breaking shriek! I started shushing him, only to have him stop screaming, smile and say "SSSSSSSS" to me. He thought it was really funny to mimick me.

Daniel is also starting to follow directions, including "come" and "give that to me," or not following them, depending on his mood. He will occasionally give kisses when asked, but not frequently. I just can't believe that my new baby is doing all this!!!! He did just turn one, but this is all making me sad!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I love messy face pictures!!!

    I've had to crack down on Mauricio, our littlest, lately. He gets away with way too much, just because he is the baby and I have a hard time figuring out which things are age appropriate behaviors for him. SPOILED is what we call him around here. :-)

    ReplyDelete