Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day! Before I go to bed, I have to share. Joshua and Claire have been begging to pack their own school lunches. I told them they can each pack lunches once a week. Today I realized I will have to set standards. This is what Joshua packed for himself:

A chocolate milk box
A large bag of large marshmellows
A sliced apple with carmel dip
1 package of little debbie chocolate and peanut butter bars (2 in package)
6 chocolate cookies
A ziploc bag full of butterscotch chips

No wonder he wouldn't let anyone in the kitchen, and didn't want me to check his lunch. For this one time I am leaving it as-is, with the exception of the chocolate cookies. I removed all but one, as I want cookies too! In the future, they will have to pack a fruit, a veg, one small dessert (as in one hershey kiss), a grain and a dairy. I will have to make a checklist. He is going to come home with a tummy ache tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Wow - I am so making that for lunch today!!! :-)

    I'm sure that is what my kids would make if I let them. Did he get sick from it? I hate it when those little lessons don't work out and they backfire on me.

    ReplyDelete