Thursday, May 5, 2011

This morning Claire and James decided to be best friends. They decided to share a room, something I have been threatning to get Claire to keep her room clean. Claire gave James "best friend bracelets" which he wore all day long (although I wish he wouldn't - they are neon pink and too big, so they fell off all day, leading him to yell "Oh, no, I lost my pretty bracelet!")

I cut James' fingernails today, and he said he wished he was a girl so he could have long nails. He also periodically asks if he can wear makeup, and today he asked if boys can get their ears pierced. I believe this is all the result of having an older sister who pays attention to him and influences him a little too much. I do take comfort in the fact that he continually has crushes on little girls. He is going to make an excellent husband. He will be sensitive to the feelings of his wife, and also be able to buy her shoes!

Last night for dinner we took our children to Ikea. It was Wednesday rib night, Jared got off work early, and I had some stuff to return. It worked out beautifully. Jared and I sat at a big table and the kids sat next to us at a kids table. Another set of kids were there, and all the children struck up a conversation about my favorite topic: STAR WARS! This older boy decided he and Joshua should play a trivia game, so the boy was quizzing Joshy on all sorts of random Star Wars info (I believe this all started because it was Star Wars day - May 4th. You know, as in May the 4th be with you.)

So the boy asked Joshua what the difference between a Storm Trooper and a Clone Trooper was. He gave a hint that it started with a H. I was shocked that I figured out the answer - helmets. Joshua thought for a second and gave a totally different answer - heritage. I guess that one works too. Jared and I got a good laugh about it. I didn't know Joshy knew that word.

Tonight I did something new - something I have never, ever done but Jared has done plenty of times. I will never chastise him for it again. I reached in Daniel's drawer, pulled out PJ's and a diaper and got him ready for bed. I didn't even notice until I laid him in his crib that he was wearing James' PJ's. I put them in the wrong drawer after I did laundry. Normally, this is something I would notice right away. I would never actually put the wrong clothes on a child, and I would never keep them on without noticing. I don't know where my mind was tonight.... the PJ's were wayyy to big, but I was too lazy to change Daniel, so he is wearing them!

Clairey has become concerned that all of her friends have their ears pierced. I asked her if she wanted her ears pierced, but she said no due to fear of pain. I am not surprised - Claire is many things, but tough she is not. She picked out a very odd outfit last week, and I asked her what she was wearing. She looked down and said, very matter of factly, that she was dressed like a rock star. I asked her why she had to dress oddly. She said "Don't you know? I am interested in FASHION!" I do know.

No comments:

Post a Comment