Today Jared played memory with the kids. I kept trying to help James, only to realize he remembered the cards better than I did. He got just as many matches (sometimes more) than the other kids. I am a little relieved, since he still doesn't recognize letters and numbers, and doesn't even care. I guess when he's ready, he'll catch up. Jared said he actually had to try to keep up with them. They are getting smart. The other day, Joshua used a word I didn't know. He had to define it for me. I wondered when this was going to happen. I wish I could remember the word.
During memory, Claire had her hands on two matching cards. James said "Not that one!" and pointed to the card next to it. Claire listened to him, only to find out she was right the first time. James, who fully knew what he was doing, laughed and laughed. Claire was really upset. She should have trusted herself more.
My smarty pants kids are growing up. I never, ever thought I would be the slowest one in my house, but I can see it coming. I am happy and horrified at the same time......
too funny. I'm very impressed. ;)
ReplyDeleteI always loose at Memory too. I think that the longer we are moms, the more brain cells get destroyed.
ReplyDelete