Monday, September 6, 2010

School starts again tomorrow!!!! I don't know how to feel; one one hand, school means freedom for me. On another hand, my babies are growing up at lightning speed! How am I already the mother of a 2nd grader??????

I have to admit that I am a little nervous for school to start. Will we miss the bus? Will I like their teachers? Will kids upset Joshua when they ask him about his head? I thought only kids were supposed to get nervous about this stuff!

Speaking of Joshua's head, he and I spent time today coming up with funny answers to the questions. Our favorite would be "What do you mean, what's wrong with my head? I don't know what you're talking about!" Joshua also liked "The doctor took out some of my brain because I was too much smarter than everyone else." His answer, that he thought of himself and frequently uses, is "I don't like to talk about it, you have to ask my mom." He finds that kids usually forget or lose interest when he says this. Yet, I am nervous for him, as I want him to not be tramatized by inquisitive kids.

Claire I worry about for different reasons. I don't want her to be a mean queen bee, but yet girls try to force her into this position. I was shocked by the politics of kindergarten girls. Betsy always said "We don't like Katie, right Claire?" And Katie would say "Let's not talk to Betsy." Is it always going to be like this?

No comments:

Post a Comment