Sunday, December 19, 2010

My kids are so, so excited for Christmas. Bouncing off the walls excited. Running in circles excited. I am excited just because they are so excited. Boy, are they going to be disappointed when they realize all they're getting is ..... clothes.

I am the meanest, worst mother. Joshy and Claire are both going through HUGE growth spurts. Claire, who has more clothes than she is able to wear, suddenly has no clothes. Everything is too short. Her sleeves are above her wrists and her tummy is showing. Her skirts and dresses barely cover her bum. And these are the clothes I just bought for the new school year. Maddening!!!!! So she is getting a whole new wardrobe for Christmas, and not much else (at least from me!)

Joshua is having the same problem. He is getting clothes as well. At least Claire is interested, but for Joshua, it is basically just something to open. I remember when he was turning 4 he asked me to please please please not give him clothes for his birthday, because I buy him clothes all the time anyway. I have tried to listen, but after a few very expensive years, he is getting clothes.

Joshua is an odd child: last year, he asked Santa for a Christmas tree. Then he was very upset because Jared and I bought one - what would Santa give him now? He begged us not to get a tree, because Santa was bringing it. This year, he had an equally funny list (although, this year it was rather lengthy). If I weren't so tired, I would go get the list and put it here - maybe tomorrow. Some things on his list were: a real hampster and a real cage for his class at school, because all the kids want a pet; a mini refrigerator; anything for his own kitchen; a remote control helicopter with a camcorder on it, so he can follow a cute girl home from school; a real tree house; star wars sheets and pillows; etc. I will have to get the whole list. It really cracked me up!

Claire wants anything for her American Girl doll. Santa is bringing her doll a chair. Hopefully that will appease her. Jamesy asked Santa for a nerf gun. Joshua asked Santa for anything for his own kitchen - he is getting a Star Wars apron and a kids cookbook. I am very excited to see all the children open their gifts (at least the gifts from everyone else - there will be some major eye rolling by about the fourth shirt each!)

Addendum: I just have to add this. I am finishing downloading pictures from my camera to the computer, and I realized the children got hold of the camera. I have several pictures of cheeks, and I do not mean the cheeks on faces.

2 comments:

  1. Hilarious. My boys like the "cheeks" part. Merry Christmas Bear and I cant wait to see the pictures and list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee hee. My kids aren't skilled enough to do that yet. I just get pictures of thumbs.

    I did, for awhile, have a photo series going that I was calling "Phases of the Moon". All shots of the kids cheeks hanging out of their underwear or running around nekkid. Hee hee.

    This year I was going to wrap up stuff we already have and give it to them for Christmas. Why spend the money when we already have too much stuff?! But then I thought about how excited they are about Christmas and how lame that would be for them and I went out and got them each one thing. Hopefully they'll each like their gift!

    ReplyDelete