Sometimes the distraction comes in the form of a sweet baby, who just wants to be held or have a marathon nursing session right when I want to clean. As he has been a finicky nurser, I have treasured these midday feedings, when he's not so distracted and we can just enjoy the time together.
Usually my 'deep scrub' days end up with me only accomplishing a few loads of laundry. I try to be okay with this. But there comes a point when ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.
Today is a cleaning day, and I am actually cleaning, except this break because I had to write about how nasty my house is. Every wall is covered in black hand prints. Every surface has a think layer of dust. Every light fixture has a decorative cobweb. So today I am scrubbing and it feels good!
As a mother I try to always choose the better part. I know in ten years the dust will be forgotten, but the naps where we just snuggled will be a treasured memory. I know that baby days come and go in a snap. So I am going to enjoy the fact that I threw out year old magazines today.
No comments:
Post a Comment