Tuesday, March 22, 2011

My children have their lives figured out, which I am thankful for, because I still have not figured out MY life. Joshua wants to be a school councillor when he grows up. I think this is the absolute perfect fit for him. He is excited because he never has to work on Sunday, will get summer and spring break to spend with his family, and he is interested in the work. He continually asks me what he has to do to become a school councillor. Does he have to go to college? What about grad school? Will they pay him? (I had a good laugh about that one). He was ecstatic to realize he got to do what he wanted and got paid too! Then he wondered how much he would get paid, and could he ask the school councillor how much money he earned? Joshua said it had to be enough to live in a big house and support his eight children, or less if that's what his wife wanted. Then he said "Maybe I should ask Rachel tomorrow if eight is okay. But that would scare her, so I'll wait until we're grown up."

Jamesy wanted to be a firefighter, until Joshua told him a firefighter was NOT a good choice because they have to fight fires on Sunday, and also it's really dangerous. James reconsidered and decided he wants to become a doctor so he can take care of people. James is both smart and empathetic, so I think he would be a kind, loving doctor. James said he wants to work close to where I live. His plan is that I will come to his doctor's office, and he can take me out to lunch. He said that I can drive to the restaurant so that he can take a little break in the middle of the day, but he would use his "doctor money" to buy me lunch. He says "I will LOVE to eat lunch with my Mommy when I'm a grown up!" This is sweet and flattering. I would love it too.

Claire is less realistic than the boys. A few years ago she wanted to be a sheep when she grows up. She still (jokingly) says that occasionally. However, her newest plan is to be a cowgirl policeman. She says that I will have to move to the West, where the cowgirl policemen live. She does NOT want to live with me - she will need her own home with her own family and own things. However, she conceded to living next door to me, so I can help with the cooking, cleaning and childcare. James didn't like this idea, because that means he will have to move to the West, so that he is close enough to me to take me out to lunch. But, when pressured by Claire, he said the West was fine.

DanDan continues to shriek like a banshee all through dinner. It is really unnerving all of us. I think I am going to have to start feeding him early, and banishing him to his crib during meals. The shrieking makes it impossible to enjoy a meal. He is such a nice baby, but I think I need to take and post a video.

1 comment:

  1. Great post! I love to hear about the plans they make when they are little. :-) These are the things we should be filming and pulling out when they are teenagers and hate us and can't wait to get away from us...

    ReplyDelete