Sunday, April 24, 2011

Joshua is recovering beautifully from surgery. He is never nicer than when he is sick or injured. I love this time with him! Not that I would wish illness upon him, but he never lays down and snuggles me normally.... Luckily, we have tonsils next month, so more nice Joshy is coming.

Today is Easter and we had a perfect day with our children. It started a little early - Claire came in my room before 6 am and then proceeded to tell me the time every two minutes. "Mommy, its 5:58..... Mommy, it's 6:01.... Mommy, it's 6:03.... can we get up NOW?"

We finally got everyone downstairs at 7:30. Jared wisely decided that he and I should get ready first - smart move. If we don't do it first, we can't seem to get it done (particularly with 9 am church). The kids got toothbrushes, undies, and bubbles in their baskets, along with a good amount of candy. Yes, MOTHER, in spite of what you may say, I gave my children PLENTY of candy.

Did I already write the funny underpants story? Claire saw her Easter Bunny underwear and said "HANNA ANDERSSON UNDIES? The easter bunny must be RICH!" This is only funny because Claire is soooo picky about her undies - they can't have exposed elastic, a tag, etc etc. Supposedly Hanna Anderson makes the "world's softest underwear." I figured that since she is picky and these were a gift from the Easter Bunny I would splurge and I paid $16 for three pairs of undies. She then saw them in a catalog and said "$16 for undies! Who in the world would pay that? That's crazy!" I laughed and lauged at the irony so I was excited to see her reaction this morning. The cream on the cake is... at the end of the day, she didn't think they were that soft! Next time I'm going back to Target for her underpants!

Claire is the only one who got new Easter clothes (the joy of being the only girl!) I bought her matching "dollie and me" dresses from BJ's. She was very excited to find that the E.B. had found and dressed her doll, and left it with her Easter basket. She actually figured out right away, as the doll was missing from my dresser this morning (she had lost it for keeping her room messy). Here's the scary part - Claire fixed her hair just like the doll and they were wearing matching dresses. The doll looked exactly like her! They could have been a page straight out of the American Girl magazine. I will have to post pictures later - it was eerie.

The boys had a good easter as well. Joshua had a difficult time finding eggs. Claire had to find ways to help him such as move eggs into plainer sight. He did find eggs and feel good about himself, so that's the important part, right? James was a good finder on his own, and Daniel just kept dropping eggs on the floor. I am so, so thankful to be able to spend today with my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment