Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I am currently terrified. The computer is in the basement, and we have a basement infestation of.... Grasshoppers! It sounds like a summer night in the forest down here. I wouldn't be so terrified, but the other day a HUGE, three inch grasshopper took a ride upstairs ON MY SHOULDER. I was ambivelant about the ride until it hopped off my shoulder and across my face!!!! So I am typing fast so I can get upstairs. Sounds silly. But there is one under the desk and I am just waiting for it to jump out at me!!!!

Claire is at grandmothers for a few days and it is amazing how much simpler life is without a kid. It doesn't seem to matter which kid, so long as one is missing. I will never say that three kids is easy, but it is certainly easier than four!

Jamesy is funny. Tonight at dinner he was eating a peach and said "We don't eat the seed, right, Daddy?" And Jared said "Which seeds do we eat?" not really expecting an answer. James answered "Blueberries, the seeds on the outside of strawberries, and sometime grape seeds." Jared was a little stunned. I laughed. Never underestimate a three year old.

I am now running upstairs without spellchecking or proofreading. Let my errors forever be a testament of my terror.

2 comments:

  1. Time to get a cat. When I was a kid we had a cat that would stalk and eat grasshoppers in the yard. :-)

    ReplyDelete