I am really, really tired. I am trying to convince Daniel that he no longer needs his 2:30 am feeding and I am having no success at all. He just turned six months old and is plenty old enough to sleep through the night. The last few nights I have tried to let him cry it out; he has cried for over an hour and I have given in both times. I am too tired and my patience has been short with everyone else. Even Jamesy bothered me today, which really says something about my mood.
Daniel is a very funny baby. He is really happy and easy going, but when he decides to, he has a piercing shriek. It is unnatural from someone so small. I need to figure out how to post a video of it. When he shrieks, we give him whatever he wants, and quickly! So hearing it at 3 am has not been easy! I love having a baby, but right now I remember why I put three year gaps between my children......
So I am off to bed for a few hours of sleep before we go through it again. Any advise out there?
yes, let him sleep over here for a couple of nights and you sleep and I will return a baby who can go without :)
ReplyDeleteIf you always give in to the shriek, then there will be no turning back. Trust me. 5 years later and I'm still dealing with it. Good luck. You should put more pictures up. He's so cute.
ReplyDeleteDarling!
ReplyDeleteNone of my kids were making it through the night without a top off at 6 months, so if you can make it happen, my hat's off to you!
What worked for me (couldn't let them scream in the apartment...neighbors...) was to just rock them while they cried and remind them that milky is only for day time and night time is for sleeping.
Good luck - not sleeping at night sucks.