I love Target. I love everything about Target, and by everything I mean some pretty odd things. Our Target is literally next door to WalMart, but I can't go to WalMart. I don't care if WalMart saves me a few bucks, because the frustration I save by going to Target makes it all worthwhile.
Here is something I love about Target: I LOVE the plastic shopping bags. They are made of a better, less crinkly plastic. It seems thicker and more like my kitchen trash bags, therefore feels nicer on my hands and sounds less obnoxious. I hoard my Target bags and use them to line my bathroom trash cans, as well as anything else I would need a plastic bag for. When I look in my bag holder and realize I'm out of Target bags, I know it's time to make a trip to Target.
I love the Target generics. I love them less since they have been renamed Up and Up, but I still by them (however, I miss the beloved bulls-eye on my products!) Generally, my Target generics serve me beautifully for less money, although I do not recommend the Up and Up Band-Aids!!!!
I love that, unlike WalMart, Target sends me store coupons. It's always a happy day to have a mailbox full of Target coupons. Who doesn't love saving $$$, particularly when they allow me to combine with a manufacturer coupon?
I love that my Target always has everything in stock, whereas the aforementioned WalMart is always empty. This could be because W is always jam packed, where as T is always fairly empty. I never understand this - T is next door, so why would you pick W???? However, I am happy with the arrangement!
I love Target's food court, with good, healthy choices to eat. Not only do they have their menu selections, they have a small amount of grocery selections such as dried fruit and applesauce. Need a solution to the greasy fast food problem? Solved at Target! Buy your children organic mac n'cheese with a side of fruit and milk!
I love the Target pharmacy. Daniel is on a reflux med, and the liquid is a syrup. I first got it filled at T, and it came with a plug in the top, and a syringe that goes in the plug to measure out the drug. I measured perfectly every time, with no mess, and got to the bottom of the bottle easily. No other pharmacy has this. The reason? Target designed and patented their own bottles. They are awesome. They also color code each family member's drugs, to easily tell them apart in the cupboard. Brilliant!!!!
I love the portrait studio. I can always get an appointment, the photographers are good, and they will take as many poses as I ask them to. The pictures are printed on quality paper, everything is efficiently done, and there is no frustration involved. Plus, they have a bin of toys for the other kids to play with! Awesome.
Also, Target can look up my returns with a credit card, so I never worry about losing receipts! And the baby clothes look sometimes identical to the stuff at Janie and Jack.
Last, but definitely not least, I love the shopping carts at Target. Actually, there are two types of carts at Target: old carts, which say Target on the side, and newer, better carts made of smoother plastic, with a bulls-eye on the side. This is where I confess my weirdness: I HAVE to have a bulls-eye cart. I will search through the cart corral until I find a bulls-eye cart. Once during Christmas I waited inside Target for several minutes for someone to return a bulls-eye cart. A few months ago, there were no available bulls-eye carts. I convinced myself (and it took a few minutes of inner contemplation) that I could use a Target cart. I made it about 10 feet into the store, and had to switch. The Target cart just wasn't the same, and I knew it would ruin my Target experience. Is this what it's like for OCD people all the time? I mean, people more OCD than myself?
I really, really love Target.
Oh we are kindred spirits on this one! I LOVE Target. One thing I love about Target is that they are all exactly the same. Identical. All the Supers are the same and all the regulars are the same. Doesn't matter what city I'm in, I can find anything there.
ReplyDeleteExcept here, we don't have a Super so I can't find groceries there. I bitterly mourn it every time I have to go to Walmart and use their inferior carts... I love that at Target I can get all 3 kids into one cart - at Walmart I have one loose kid chucking produce and getting run over by the cart.
I drove 40 minutes to a Super Target last week! I love coupon stacking and I think I'm getting sick of WM. Target seems cleaner, less crowded, and easier. Plus, I love the dollar spot. I can often find good deals there, too, like straws and rubber baking pans :)
ReplyDeleteI love and miss Target. But the question here is which do you like more...Target or IKEA? I know it's a tough one for you.
ReplyDelete