Monday, July 11, 2011

I am horrifically behind on my journal keeping..... I would like to say it is because I have been so busy keeping my house immaculate or cooking 4 star meals, but no luck. I took a part time job at a gym child care center, and I have been working a lot to save money for my trip to Paris! As a result, the children are not having a fun, action packed summer. I keep telling myself that if we all suffer through July, we can party hard in August. They are very excited to spend three weeks with Grammy, and I am very excited to spend three weeks with my friend in France.

I do need to write a few updates. Daniel, at 17 months, has finally decided its time to walk. He still doesn't walk a lot, but he is doing more every day. Now I just need to teach him to talk! The shrieking has to stop. He is a funny baby, terrified of water. The other day I took him upstairs for his bath. As soon as we went in the bathroom, he started yelling "NA! NA!" and then tried to walk away quickly. When he realized his baby steps were slow, he got down and crawled away at lightning speed. When I finally chased after him, he was trying to get under my bed. As I carried him to the bathroom, he yelled "NA! NA!" the whole time, cried through the bath, and kept trying to stand up and climb out. I took the kids swimming last week and stood him up in the middle of the baby pool. He carefully walked to the side, climbed out, then crawled away on the hot cement. He really, really hated that pool! Daniel is a Daddy's boy and never wants me when Daddy is around.

James is a sweetheart, as always. He always wants to help so that I "don't have to do all the work." He is very concerned about this, and makes sure he is there with me any time I need it. He has recently developed an attitude, and with it, a mad face. I kept telling Jared about the mad face, but when he actually saw it, it was all he could do to control his laughter. James wrinkles up his nose and gives us the scowl of death - too funny. He can never stay mad for long. Usually, his temper tantrums are because he wants a cookie and I offer him a banana, or something of the sort. He will get mad, and insist on the cookie. I will tell him no, and he'll say "FINE. I'm having ice cream instead." I tell him no again, and get the angry face. He stomps away, then comes back and says "FINE. If I can't have a cookie or ice cream, I'll have an apple." He then takes and eats an apple, all the while really pleased at himself that he bested me and didn't eat a banana....

Claire is a whirlwind of energy, except when it is time to clean out the dishwasher. She knows where everything in the whole house is, and is the best person to fetch things for me. She has recently become annoyed at getting all these "extra jobs" so I have started asking Joshua to bring me things. Joshua can't find anything to save his life, even if it's in his hand. This annoys Claire to no end. He will keep coming back to me saying "I can't FIND the fingernail clippers." I will explain where they are for the third time, and Claire will finally sigh and say "I'll show you." She then goes and fetches anyway, and the whole charade with Joshua is for nothing. However, it makes her feel better that I ask Joshua to do things too....

Joshua is funny. He is annoyed that he has had to get up early every day of the summer.... I have to keep reminding him in the morning "You get to sleep in in only 9 days!" or 8 days or whatever the countdown is until the next "free" day. For some reason, this doesn't excite him. He was looking forward to a lazy summer, and this summer of me working is not what he had in mind. However, he has been in good spirits, particularly when I bribe him with a new Pokemon card for good behavior. He has recently become interested in playing chess, and the highlight of today was when I found an oversize outdoor chess board. His excitement was short lived when he realized nobody else knew how to play. I have a feeling learning chess is in my future....

No comments:

Post a Comment